Monday, June 2, 2008

Ole Ole Ole!

As luck (or fate) would have it, I get to be here, while Geneva participates in the hosting of the Euro Cup. As many of you know, my knowledge of sports is, shall we say- limited. I feel like the Father of Dean Martin in the old classic "The Caddy" when Dean explains to his father that he is going to be a professional golfer. The father pauses, looks at his son and then says, "So you gonna hit a little ball with a stick?!". If someone were to ask me about the ins and outs of any sport I would most likely give them a really creative answer, based on the smallest thread of truth. It is like last year, when I just couldn't figure out why those guys in the white and black stripes kept on running onto the football field at Jacob's game (I'm joking). But truly- sports in general leave me wondering about what is really going on. And since it is usually confusing to me, I pay attention to thing that takes little education- the handsome athletes! This brings me to what I was originally writing about- the Euro Cup. A time where men from around the globe, with handsome faces and fit bodies come together in good sport, to have a bit of a brawl.


There are 16 teams participating, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Russia, and Switzerland are a few of them. I feel like it is important for me to have a team that I, you know, support. But how to choose? Well, let's take a look at a few of the candidates:

Here we have the captain of the Spanish Team:



Ah-Hem... and here is the captain of the Italians:



Turkey anyone?



the French...



ahhh... if I have sparked your interest in anyway, you can always go and check out more soccer stuff at the official website which is: www.euro2008.uefa.com

Okay so maybe European footballers aren't tough like the Americans (there Jacob I said it!)lets face it- they are ballerinas. The call fouls every 10 seconds and sprawl out on the field for much longer than necessary after even the most petite kick, or swing in the wrong direction. At the same time, let us consider that the average soccer player runs up to 11 miles per game (which in my opinion takes a bit o' strength) and lets face it- skinny or not- they are pretty cute.

(this entry was posted for my female readers- Lisa in-particular)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whom to support? GREECE of course! We are the reigning champions and we have the most good looking guys:)

Anonymous said...

OOH i appreciated this one especially! :) and of course i copied the website address! i'll do a lil research of my own! I LOVE YOU! ~lisa~

Anonymous said...

thank you for leaving that disclaimer at the END of the post :-P