Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And top hats on!

There is only so much "High School Musical" and "Hannah Montana" a single person can take. At a certain point, not only do you begin to lose your dignity, you literally begin to lose your mind. A few weeks ago, I have to admit to having yet ANOTHER dream about Troy (the star of HSM) chasing me through the woods. It was horrible! I woke up in a sweat, rocking back in forth while softly singing to myself "we're soarin', flyin', there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach"

I decided that I had had just about enough of it all. So I brought Anne of Green Gables to the house. This was appreciated, even liked, but for those individuals whose favorite pass time does not include dressing up like an orphan from Canada, much is left to be desired. Which leads me to the following question: how do I ween the little creature off of the pop-culture idols that most youthlings adore? If Anne with an "E" can't do it, who can?! I decided to do bring in the experts, the old classics that made me laugh until my tummy was sore. The black and white characters that charmed my silly senses like a snake spiraling out of a weave. It was time for a little of this:






Luckily, Maddy enjoyed a few of my attempts, and I am hoping to have her set free of her addictions soon. Although I have to be honest with myself, the girl is in love with all things fabulous, and that leaves little room for Jerry Lewis. However, even glamorous girls go retro every now and again.

1 comment:

Kat(i)e said...

You're so right about the pop culture and it's hold on the kiddies. Sadness. Kudos to you for the efforts, it could change their lives...

Girl, your blog rocks you are defo going to be linked on mine. I think not as a blog-offer but more a mutual appreciator of life (unless you feel like the challenge!).

See you soon sweetie x