Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maddy + Audrey = ADORABLE!




Quotes from the girls:


Scene:
The girls and I were making special cards for Jill and Greg, small tokens of affection to remind them of what good parents they are:

Marie: So Audrey, what do you want do you want your card to say?
Audrey: Huh?
Marie: I mean, what do you want me to write for you, so that Mommy and Daddy know how much you love them?
Audrey: Oh, okay, well, me- I love that butterfly dog! Please may give it to me! I love that butterfly dog! Please may give it to me! Is that good?
Marie: um...
Scene: Maddy and I are having a special treat at the nearby cafe

Maddy:
Marie, if I ever become famous, I want to change my name to "Ashley Glam" because I really like the name Ashley and I love being glamorous.

Scene:
Audrey and I standing in my bedroom, I am just finished up getting ready for the day, we are not talking, until she breaks the silence with this:

Audrey:
Marie, I don't want you to go.
Marie: Go where?
Audrey: Back to America. I mean, you don't have to go. You have a room and your bed and everything. You should just stay here forever.

Scene: Audrey and I are walking home from Creche. We are holding hands.

Audrey: Do you have to go to America today?
Marie: No honey, not today.
Audrey: Well Marizi, you know what? You're not lost. You're not lonely. You're with us.

Scene: Maddy and I are getting ready to go outside. There is music coming from the kitchen, I do a little dance.

Maddy:
When we get our new au pair I am going to ask her 'hey, why aren't you crazy and wild like Marie? And where is your big hair?!'

Scene: Greg, Maddy and I are sitting at the table, finishing our dinner, Jill and Audrey are starting the bath

Maddy: Dad, I think I want to be a scientist when I grow up.
Greg: That is great Maddy (he, by the way, majored in science)
Maddy: Yep, a scientist AND a pop star!

Scene:
Audrey and I are eating our breakfast, I have just put a Gershwin CD on. Our spoons clink at the glass bowls as we try to catch the cornflakes

Audrey:
Marie, is your spoon dancin' ? Look, mine is a figure skater!

Scene:
Maddy and I are sitting on the couch reading books, when Maddy moves in to hug me and hold my hand

Maddy:
Oh I just love this arm. I love this hand. I'm just gonna hold it forever.

Scene: Audrey and I are just about to leave for Creche, I am in the kitchen, when I here her call

Audrey: Hey babe- Are you ready to go?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Ahhhh! I got all teary-eyed reading about the little sweet things!

Anonymous said...

That melted my heart Marie. But all I can do is feel for them and with them, for it is always so when you leave.