Friday, June 20, 2008

nature: it's wild and alive!

Last weekend when Teresa and I were in Zermatt, all I wanted to do was take everything in so that upon going home, I would maybe be able to explain what it was like there. But honestly, there are no words. At a certain point you stop trying to document the place with photos and written or spoken word. How do you describe the way it feels? The air so clear and untouched? The sound of silence that is tinged by the alto clang of a cow bell.

There are not cars allowed in Zermatt, with the exception of the little golf-cart-esque things that drive around. It is very quiet, very peaceful. I just kept on thinking about that song "How Great it our God" as we walked from one place to another. I have never hiked around mountains before- which might seem silly considering my location, but it might also be obvious that I am not exactly a nature girl. None the less, I embraced the place with as much passion as the next tree hugger, and had a wonderful time!



The MATTERHORN!

It was a "the hills are alive" kind of moment

hiker's view

The stunning men of Zermatt


Everyone wants to be a Swiss Cow

Oh Teresi- you adorable thing!


the train ride...

yes- that looooong train ride...

After a while, train travel begins to wear on you...

p.s. this blog was updated while listening to a Brazilian rendition of the James Bond theme song.

No comments: